On April 10, 2020, The Believer hosted a digital workshop lead by comics artist Malaka Gharib. You can pick up a copy of Malaka’s book I Was Their American Dream from our friends at Bookshop, where proceeds will help benefit The Believer and independent bookstores.
Follow the instructions in the video below to create a zine about your time in quarantine. Share the result using the hashtag #quaranzine and tag @believermag.
Answer each of the following questions to create an eight-page Quaranzine:
- Page 1: Title Page
- Page 2: What part of your life has changed the most since living under lockdown?
- Page 3: What’s been the hardest part of living under lockdown?
- Page 4: What are some things that have given you joy?
- Page 5: What is something new you learned about yourself or others during this time?
- Page 6: What do you miss about life pre-corona?
- Page 7: What’s the first thing you want to do post-corona?
- Page 8: What gives you hope about the future?