Prompts and Questions to ask yourself (5 minutes)
- Think about a memory of an experience with your ancestor; perhaps an event or a conversation that stayed with you.
- Think about a story from your family history (or mythology). How would you tell it in sequential comic form?
- Think about a piece of wisdom or comfort your ancestor passed down to you. How did it come to you? Perhaps a quote that inspires you, resonates with you, or gives you strength during hard times.
- Think about an ancestor you have never met. What would you say to them? How do you imagine them?
Panel 1 (8 minutes)
- Introduce your ancestor and perhaps include one line about them. Tell us something you love or admire about them.
Panels 2-4 (8 minutes each)
Remember our journaling exercise at the beginning? Draw what you journaled about your ancestor!
- A memory or imagined conversation…
- Ancestral wisdom they passed on…
- Perhaps consider the setting: Are you meeting in a dream? Or a place from your past?
As you draw think about the way you feel in their presence.